In the midst of the summer heat what better way to kick back and relax than with a frothy, ice cold drink? Trust the flake ice experts at Howe with these fun recipes we’ve broken down based upon your weekly plans. They’re good for on-the-go or to make at home with your own special touch too!
- Snow Cones: This treat is great for both children and adults! No planned activities to fill up your day? Perfect–try visiting the ball park, regular park, or zoo to enjoy some quality time outside with this cold drink. A delicious avalanche of cool is always a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Ingredients: 2 cups white sugar (pure cane or granulated), 1 cup water, 1 package Kool-Aid (interchange with an option like fruit-flavored soft drink mix or flavored syrup), paper cup(s) full of shaved ice, number varying based upon how many individuals are spending the day together!
- Fruit Smoothies: Again, this option is ideal for both kids and adults. Give kids a healthy treat to add a burst of enthusiasm to their sports games. Pair with a salty snack like pretzels and you’ve hit the jackpot! Also, if you’re exercising later, this works wonders before or after your workout.
Ingredients: This will vary depending on the flavor you want–we like strawberry/banana! 1 quart diced strawberries, 1 chopped banana, 2 cups flake ice ;), and blend to your desired consistency! To make this delicacy sweeter, try adding a flavored fruit juice. Go 100% fruit to skip the processed sugar all together.
- Frozen Margaritas: Adults only! Just what you need for a night out on the town, to spice up girls-night, or enjoyably shared in with your significant other.
Ingredients: Get the blender ready! Triple sec, tequila, lime juice, ice, and salt around the rim. Amounts vary depending on the type of bartender you are and the pour you have! But we’ll recommend two quarts flake ice, 1 can of frozen limeade (concentrate), 12 ounces of total liquor (broken up to your personal preference and satisfaction). Add lime and salt for added flavor!
- The Classic Mint Mojito: Adults only! Have this refreshing choice hanging out by the pool, at the beach bar, or on the lake with friends.
Ingredients: 10 fresh mint leaves, 1 lime, a sprinkle of white sugar, 1 ½ fluid ounces of rum, ½ cup of club soda, served on ice (your choice of cube, crushed, slushed, or flake).
- Frozen Sangria: Adults only! Who doesn’t have a glass of wine after work? Indulge during personal Netflix and chill time!
Ingredients: 2 pints your choice of fruit flavored sorbet (ex: raspberry), ½ a lime, ½ a bottle of Cabernet (this can also vary pending preference of white or red, sweet or dry). Adding real berries to the top will give you that extra dazzle you’re looking for! Not to mention, it will make your sangria more flavorful too! If you’re interested in a thicker consistency, flake ice is the ideal option.
Are you ready for a frozen drink yet? We are too! Let’s breakaway from the computer (after you check out our incredible flake ice options!) and select a delightful indulgence that matches your summer plans above!
In need of a flake ice machine for your business or next event? Contact the Howe Corp. team today!