Howe Heads to NASRC Expo in Southern California
The North American Sustainable Refrigeration Council (NASRC) is hosting its annual Low GWP & Energy Efficiency Expo this year in Southern California. This free two-day program will feature exciting product exhibits from over 25 manufacturers who produce some of the most innovative products that meet energy and low-GWP needs for sustainable refrigeration.
As a Silver member of the NASRC, Howe will be exhibiting at the Low GWP & Energy Efficiency Expo At the Southern California Edison Education Center on January 15-16, 2020, in Los Angeles, California. Our National Sales Director, Alex Pawlikowski, and our VP of Engineering & Operations, David Barrent, will be on hand to talk about how our ice flakers can save you energy and resources using sustainable refrigeration over other product cooling methods. Our flakers are 4 of the top 8 most efficient flakers listed on energystar.gov.
About the Low GWP & Energy Efficiency Expo
The two-day program will bring together grocery and food retailers, service contractors, and other key commercial refrigeration manufacturers. Together with policymakers and government agencies, the expo aims to help natural refrigerants succeed in order to develop more sustainable refrigeration for now and future for generations. The expo will feature a wide range of activities and sessions, including:
- Product exhibits featuring some of the most energy-efficient products on the market
- Refrigerant regulation updates
- Sessions to help you transition existing facilities to refrigerants below 150 GWP
- Programs to help you understand energy codes and policy impacts
- Shark tank emerging technologies sessions
- Technomercial and case study presentations
What is Naturally Cool?
Why does NASRC care about natural refrigerants? Refrigerant management is listed as the #1 global solution to climate change. HFC refrigerants were named as the fastest-growing source of greenhouse gas emissions globally. Unless something changes quickly, scientists believe that emissions could contribute to a rise in temperature by as much as 0.5°C.
Yet, the average consumer has no idea how their refrigerant affects the environment. The Naturally Cool movement was designed to bring the impact of refrigerants in our society to the general public. Together, we hope this drives support for more climate-friendly refrigerants.
Howe Corp Commitment to Energy Efficiency
For over 100 years, the Howe Corporation has been a global leader in energy efficiency and product design. We have maintained ENERGY STAR certification on over 80% of all eligible automatic commercial ice makers. Even more important, we continue to push the envelope for energy efficiency, resulting in a more energy-efficient industry working with key industry stakeholders to supply ice makers for sustainable refrigeration solutions.
In 2018 alone, we achieved numerous energy efficiency accomplishments, including:
- Promoted ENERGY STAR to global consumers
- Reduced energy usage by installing occupancy sensors in common areas of our corporation.
- Received ENERGY STAR certification of first Ice Making Head
- Included ENERGY STAR certified products in our rebate programs to help encourage consumers
- Reduced time-to-market for product improvements for ENERGY STAR certified products
- Manufacturers a range of C02 ice flaker machines
For any questions regarding NASRC or any of the Howe Ice Corp energy-efficient products, please contact us.
We hope to see you at this year’s NASRC event. However, even if you are not able to come, please continue to follow Howe Corp. on our blog, Twitter, and LinkedIn for updates, news, and exciting advancements!