Largest Annual Seafood Exposition in North America Coming Soon
The largest annual seafood exposition in North America will be getting underway in March after setting numerous records in 2014. Last year was the biggest yet for the Seafood Expo/Seafood Processing North America event. Exhibitors occupied more space and more companies attended than ever before, with over 20,000 professionals from the seafood industry in attendance. This year’s expo, which is scheduled to occur from March 15th through the 17th at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, promises to be bigger than ever.
Howe Will Be There
At Howe Corporation, we produce flake ice machines that are widely used by the seafood industry from harvesting and processing to transportation to wholesalers and retailers. Our flake ice is instrumental in cooling, shipping, and displaying seafood while keeping it at the highest levels of freshness. Our land-based machines produce ice in quantities up to 40,000 pounds, and we also offer machines for use in fishing vessels that produce 2000 to 6000 pounds of ice. Come visit us at booth 1464, and learn how our products fit into producing safe, sustainable, and business-friendly practices for the seafood industry. A whole wealth of information about the industry’s latest issues, trends, and innovations await you here.
A Worldwide Selection for Buyers and Suppliers
Buyers and suppliers from across the country and around the world attend this three day conference. It provides unparalleled opportunities for meeting, networking, and processing business transactions for all areas of the seafood industry. Some examples of the buyers include wholesalers, supermarkets, restaurants, hotels, importers, and exporters. Suppliers will be showing the latest state-of-the-art seafood products, including packaging, processing equipment and much more. The following list includes just a few of the product and service categories that exhibiting companies will be representing:
- Computers and Information Systems
- Cooling, Freezing, and Refrigeration Systems
- Cutting Machinery and Technology
- Display Cases
- Trucks and Containers
Over 1000 companies representing over 40 countries will be in attendance at this year’s expo. The newest available products in the industry will be there, but the event covers more than just new products. The 2015 conference will feature a program that includes more than 25 educational sessions by the most knowledgeable experts in the seafood industry. The programs are divided into three basic categories: Sustainability, Business and Marketplace, and Food Safety and Compliance. Here are a few highlights:
- The Changing Landscape of Sustainable Seafood: This 75 minute conference will be a panel presentation on the history and future of sustainability in the industry. A two part session, the first part will focus on the progress this field has seen over the last 15 years. The second part will address the current business climate and the future direction of the sustainability movement.
- How to Avoid the Next Delicious Disaster and Create a New and Disruptive Product that Consumers Crave: This long-titled program explores the goal of every food manufacturer: how to create products that satisfy the needs and cravings of consumers. In today’s market, it’s not just about creating a product that tastes great; it also needs to cover customers’ nutritional, functional, emotional, cultural, and social needs as well. How to do it? This session will explore a number of techniques.
- Advanced Hygienic Design of Food Processing Equipment: Food industry manufacturing requires more than just components with functional motion control. Equipment used in food processing needs to maintain durability and be easily cleaned in the harshest wash-down environments. This session will explore the options to create cost effective machines that meet ROI requirements while maintaining traits that provide maximum food safety.